created by: Almond Board of California
Almonds coated in sugar and cinnamon.
servings 96 1-oz. servings; Serving size: 1 oz. approx 23 almonds
3/4 cup (6 large) Egg Whites
6 Tbs. Water
1 gal 2 qt Whole natural California almonds
3 cups Granulated sugar
2 Tbs. Salt
3/4 cup Ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 225º F. Oil 6 baking sheets (12”x18”x2”); set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat egg whites with water until frothy.
3. Add almonds and stir by hand until well coated. Drain excess liquid, if needed. Return to bowl.
4. Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together in small bowl. Sprinkle over almonds and toss to coat thoroughly.
5. Divide and turn almonds onto oiled baking sheets. Spread in single layer.
6. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, at 225º F.
7. Cool and portion for service or store in airtight containers.