created by: Chef John Csukor for Almond Board of California
yield 46, 1/2 oz. portions
8 oz. ground beef 90/10
4 oz. ground lamb
1 oz egg white, slightly beaten
4 1/2 oz. onion, fine dice
1/4 oz. garlic, minced
1 oz. chicken stock
1 oz. red wine
1/4 oz. almond skins, ground
1/2 tsp. allspice, ground
1/8 oz. oregano, fresh, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 oz. lemon juice, fresh
9 oz Almond Yogurt (recipe below)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tsp Garlic, raw
1.07 g Peppermint
1.5 g Salt
6.5 oz Almonds, whole, blanched
30 oz Water
2 oz Honey, clover
g g Yoghurt Starter
1) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
2) Let rest for 1 hour before using.
3) Store in an air tight container under refrigeration.
4) Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine
5) Store in an air tight container under refrigeration
6) Note: Almond yogurt (see separate recipe) is an experimental formulation. Plain Greek style yogurt can be substituted
13) In a blender combine almonds, water, and honey and puree for 5 minutes.
14) Pour 1 cup through a fine meshed sieve (about 2 ounces of ground almond will be left behind in the strainer) and add yogurt starter.
Whisk well and add back to remaining liquid.
15) Place in vac pac bags and submerge in a 105 degree Fahrenheit water bath for 4 to 8 hours. DO NOT EXCEED 105 DEGREES.
16) Store in refrigerator overnight and strain through a fine mesh sieve for 1 hour the next day or to the desired consistency (resulting in 14 ounces of whey left over).
17) Store in an air tight container under refrigeration.