created by: Top Chef Masters winner Chef Rick Bayless at Frontera Grill in Chicago
Sashimi-quality Hawaiian ahi tuna tossed with crunchy jicama and tangy, fruity, spicy red chile-apricot chamoy salsa with almond crunch
1 lb Tuna, sushi grade, dice 1/4 “
3 oz Jicama, dice, 1/8”
2 oz Red Onion, dice, 1/8”
1 oz Lime Juice, fresh
6 oz Chamoy, prep recipe
4 oz Avocado, dice 1/4"
3 oz Whole Natural Almonds, toasted, diced 1/16”
1/8 cup Cilantro, rough chop
1 tbsp Almond Crumble, prep recipe (below)
2 each Arbol Chilies, dried
10 oz Apricot Spread
6 oz Lime Juice, fresh
1/2 oz Salt
1 oz Whole Natural Almonds, toasted, dice 1/16”
1 oz Tortilla Chips, crushed 1/16”
1) In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and fold to incorporate evenly.
2) Cover bowl and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
3) Serve 6 ounces of ceviche into a mound in a cold martini glass.
4) Garnish with almond crumble and serve immediately.
1) Toast chilies in a dry pan over medium heat. They should puff or expand so be sure to press them down for a few seconds on each side.
2) Place chilies in water to soak for 30 minutes.
3) Remove stems and seeds and puree with remaining ingredients until smooth.
4) Store covered and refrigerated.
1) Combine ingredients in a small bowl and incorporate evenly.
2) Store covered at room temperature.