created by: Chef John Csukor
4 Oz Almonds, whole, natural
2 Oz Rice Flour, white
1 Oz Cornstarch
6 1/2 Oz Soda Water
3 Oz Tofu, soft
1/4 Oz Baking Powder
Salt and Pepper, TT
3 Oz. Almond Flour
3 Oz. Rice Flour, white
1/4 Oz Almond Skin
1 Oz. Sesame Seeds, toasted
25 Ea. Tofu, extra firm, 1” cube
1) Combine all ingredients in a food processor and chop until smooth for the batter. Set aside.
2) For the outer crust combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
3) Place diced, extra firm tofu in the batter to coat
4) Then move, using chopsticks, to outer crusting that was set aside earlier.
5) Cover well then transfer to a deep fat fryer preheated to 350 degrees and fry until golden brown.
6) Remove, drain well and serve immediately.