created by: Chef John Csukor
IFT. Shelf life 2 days
yield 22, 1 ounce servings
2 oz almonds, whole natural, raw
3/4 oz Dried Chilies, Pequin
1 oz garlic, raw, rough chop
1 1/2 ginger root, raw, rough chop
2 oz onion, raw, rough chop
1/4 oz lemon Zest, fresh
2 oz lemon Juice, fresh
1 tbsp honey, clover
1 tbsp paprika
2 oz almond butter
8 oz olive Oil
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
2 oz water
1) Toast almonds in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until fragrant.
2) In a food processor, pulse almonds until a fine grind is achieved.
3) Add remaining ingredients expect olive oil and pulse until well minced and combined.
4) While the food processor is still running add the oil in a steady stream until emulsified.
5) Process until smooth and store in an air tight container under refrigeration.