created by: Chef John Csukor
yield 60 (50 grams each)
24 oz. Almonds, whole, natural, oven roasted
9 oz. Oats, thick rolled, dry
12 oz. Apricot, California, Dried
8 oz. Sunflower Seed, toasted
2 oz. Bran, wheat
1 oz. Flaxseed, meal, ground
10 oz. Honey
2 g. Sea Salt
17 oz. Agave Nectar
9 oz. Pumpkin kernels, dried
2 Tsp. Guajillo Chili, dried, ground
8 oz. Yam Bean, Fresh, Puree
1) In a stand up mixer combine almonds, oats, apricots, ground flaxseed, sunflower seed, bran, pumpkin seeds, guajillo and salt.
2) In a medium, heavy bottomed sauce pan add the honey, agave nectar, yam and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
3) Brush sides with water to prevent crystallization of syrup.
4) Cook syrup to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
5) Once the proper temperature has been reached add to the almond, oat and spice mixture and paddle until the syrup has coated the dry mixture.
6) On a quarter sheet tray, lined with parchment evenly lay out the mix.
7) Cool at room temperature.
8) Once cool, cut into bars.
9) Store in an air tight container at room temperature until ready to use.