created by: Almond Board of California
yield 22 (92.26 grams each)
17 oz. Almonds, natural, oven roasted
12 oz. Oats, thick rolled, non-GMO , dry,
4.5 oz. Cereal Rice, puffed
15 g. Chia Seed, dried, ground
6 oz. Cherries, dried, tart
10 oz. Brown Rice Syrup, Sweet Dreams
2 g. Sea Salt
8 oz. Almond Butter, creamy, roasted, no salt
6 oz. Blueberries, dried
12 oz. Agave Nectar
1) In a stand up mixer combine almonds, oats, puffed rice, ground chia, rice, cherries, blueberries and salt.
2) In a medium, heavy bottomed sauce pan add the brown rice syrup, agave nectar and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
3) Brush sides with water to prevent crystallization of syrup.
4) Cook syrup to 235 to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
5) Once the proper temperature has been reached add the almond butter and stir over low heat until melted.
6) Add to the almond, oat and spice mixture and paddle until the syrup has coated the dry mixture.
7) On a quarter sheet tray, lined with parchment evenly lay out the mix.
8) Cool at room temperature.
9) Once cool, cut into bars.
10) Store in an air tight container at room temperature until ready to use.