And that’s the truth. Almonds are an incredible tool for food professionals because they’re full of the natural, tasty goodness consumers crave. And we can’t forget about arguably the most distinctive sensory trait of California Almonds: that crunch. Almonds are a wonderful way to add delicious, hearty texture to any food, no matter which form or application you create with.
- California Almonds are available in 15 different forms, many with a powerful crunch. California almonds are reported as the favorite nut among food professionals because of their taste (70%), versatility (45%), and texture (43%).1
- Almond taste ratings continue to increase among consumers growing from 7.1 to 8.0 on a 10-point scale, with 10 being “like extremely well.” 2
- Per capita consumption of California Almonds has more than doubled in the past 10 years.2
Almonds are also incredibly versatile and easy to incorporate into recipes and formulations. They pair well with countless cuisines by adding subtle flavor and crunch without overpowering the other ingredients. And with so many different forms to choose from, almonds can work well across all major food categories and dish types.
Click here for a full description of the different almond forms.
1. Volume Driver Attitudes, Awareness and Usage Survey, Sterling-Rice Group, 2010.
2. Almond Consumer Attitudes, Awareness and Usage Survey, Sterling-Rice Group, 2010.