|The Future of Agriculture
Apply now through December 12th for the 2014 Almond Industry Leadership Program. Click on the link to the left for the program application. For more information about this leadership program, please contact Kendall Barton at 209-343-3245 or email at email@example.com.
The Almond Board of California is proud to offer this program to individuals in the almond industry.
MISSION: This is a one-year program encouraging individuals within the almond industry to participate in leadership training and to take a leadership role in the future of the California Almond industry.
1. Develop skills to effectively lead, manage and inspire those in the almond industry.
2. Enhance business relationships by networking with industry professionals and work in collaboration with others to understand all facets of leadership in the almond industry.
3. Learn about current issues impacting the almond industry, and apply effective communication strategies for dealing with said issues.
4. Master communication and leadership techniques relevant to managing or retaining a leadership position in the industry.
Please read the eligibility requirements carefully before completing the online application.
Individual’s seeking to apply for the Leadership Program should consider the following:
- Applicants must reside in the state of California.
- Applicants must demonstrate a capacity for leadership and a willingness to apply leadership potential to the future of the industry.
- Applicants must be currently employed in the almond industry, with at least one year industry experience.
- Applicants must obtain employer permission prior to submitting an application.
- Applicants who are self-employed must establish their ability to be away from their enterprise for all scheduled seminars and industry events.
- Applicants and employers are required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) prior to the beginning of the program in January, 2014.
- Applicants must commit to 100% attendance at all required seminars and events. With the exception of emergencies and sufficient documentation, absences will not be excused.
- Applicants must commit to completion of any assignments or reports associated with the learning experience and successful completion of the Leadership Program.
Applicants must have reliable transportation and/or the means to travel to scheduled seminars and industry events, and should realize that successful completion of the Leadership Program requires approximately 75-85 hours of attendance at seminars and events, and 15-25 hours of interactive learning to complete assignments and projects associated with the completion of the program.
Full consideration will be provided to all applications regardless of age, gender, race or other distinguishing characteristics about the applicants.
COST FOR PARTICIPATION
The Almond Leadership Program does not charge for participation in the program. Costs associated with mileage to and from meetings, seminars, and industry events are reimbursed at the current government rate. Educational materials, meals and occasional lodging accommodations are paid for courtesy of the Almond Board of California.
Please note that participants in the Leadership Program may incur small, incidental expenses associated with participating in the scheduled seminars and industry events. These costs are the sole responsibility of the participant, and are to be paid for by the participant at the time of the event.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications are available online at www.almondboard.com/leadership
- The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 12, 2013.
All applications must be postmarked or emailed no later than 5 p.m. on this date.
- Applicants must complete and submit an application, including personal and professional references, by the aforementioned deadline.
Evaluation & Review of Applications
Complete applications will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers made up of Almond Board staff and almond industry members.
Upon successful review of an applicant’s application, the applicant will be notified to schedule an interview with Almond Board staff, Board of Director or Committee members and/or other stakeholders relevant to the Leadership Program.
Personal interviews will be scheduled for the week of December 23, 2013. If you are unable to appear in person, you will be given the option for a telephone interview.
SELECTION & NOTIFICATION
Successful applicants will be notified upon selection.
Applicants will be notified by standard U.S. postal service of acceptance to the program.
With the letter of acceptance, applicants will receive a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that must be completed and signed by the applicant and the applicant’s employer.
The MOU must be completed and returned to the Almond Board, via U.S. postal service within two (2) weeks after the date of the acceptance letter.
Failure to return a completed and signed MOU within two (2) weeks of the date of the acceptance letter may cause dismissal from the Leadership Program, and may void an applicant’s acceptance to the program.
The program’s first seminar will be held January, 2014. Specific time and location will be announced with the acceptance letter.
For more information contact Kendall Barton at 209-343-3245 or firstname.lastname@example.org